The Early Education Program provides preschool through Kindergarten-age children a loving, Christ-centered early learning experience. The programs are developmentally appropriate and strive to create a love for learning and a solid foundation for social, emotional, academic, physical, and spiritual growth. Our quality early childhood educators create an environment that encourages discovery, learning, language exploration and social skills.
- Hands-on, active, open-ended, inquiry-based, and child interest-led learning
- Individualized learning activities for all level and abilities
- Biblically integrated learning environment through the use of stories, games, and demonstration
- Hands-on phonics enriched activities to develop and strengthen pre-reading skills
- Opportunities to encourage independence, self-control, problem-solving skills, and confidence in children
- Comprehensive specials program consisting of P.E., Music, Library, Chapel and Technology
- Participation in the Reading Buddies - older students mentor our early education students in reading comprehension
- Opportunities to learn by exploring, creating, wondering, discovering, and experimenting
- Before and after class care*
*Childcare classes are available for students before and after regularly scheduled class times. Before school care begins at 7:00 a.m., and after school care ends at 6:00 p.m. (The OCS childcare facility and program is licensed through the State of Michigan and supervised by qualified Christian staff.)
Preschool: 2 - 3 years old
2 - 5 days/week – 8:00 am – 11:30 am
Our preschool program is offered 2 - 5 days to meet individual needs. Teachers provide a loving and encouraging introduction to a structured school environment. Our focus in this class is developing social and emotional skills while also preparing the students for the Pre-K program with an introduction to phonics and math concepts.
Pre-K: 4 years old
4 - 5 days/week – 8:00 am – 11:30 am
Our Pre-K program is offered 4 -5 days. Children continue to strengthen the skills built in the preschool class as well as develop skills to prepare them for the Young 5's or Kindergarten classes. Teachers offer daily activities that encourage higher cognitive and physical skill building.
Young 5's: 4 ½ - 5 years old
Monday – Friday - 8:00 am – 12:30 am
Our Young 5's program is offered 5 days a week. This program is designed for children to gain an extra year of developmental growth and readiness before Kindergarten. Children exiting this program will be prepared with Kindergarten level skills in all areas. The Young 5's program focuses on self-regulation skills, independence, academic concepts, and physical development. A special lunch time is provided for this class to prepare children for the Kindergarten.
Spanish Immersion Pre-K: 4 years old
Our Spanish Immersion Pre-K class is a 4 day program that is instructed 100% in Spanish. Children will develop language and vocabulary skills in Spanish while also gaining Kindergarten readiness skills. This program is a foundational class before entering the Spanish Immersion Elementary program. (Fifth day available in English)