The high-quality academic curriculum lays the foundation for student success in the core subjects (Reading, Math, Language Arts, Bible, Social Studies, Science).
In addition, the curriculum expands to offer students creative, physical and social experiences through instruction in the Fine Arts (Vocal & Instrumental Music, Art), Chapel, P.E., Technology, Library and Spanish.
The elementary program effectively prepares students with a spiritual foundation to love God, love others, use the Bible, and understand that God has created every person to glorify Him. We are blessed with Christian teachers who are creative, caring, and certified in their area of teaching. They create a classroom environment that encourages students to explore new learning, feel safe and secure, treat others with respect and know that Jesus loves them.
- Spiritual formation – Age-appropriate Bible curriculum, daily devotional and prayer time, weekly chapel and service projects within our community
- Spanish Immersion Program option (the last point of entry is the beginning of first grade) - bilingual and biliterate by fifth grade
- Curriculum - Teachers utilize best practice curriculum sources to deliver hands-on, collaborative, small and large group instruction to challenge students at their instructional level. Our instruction exceeds grade level standards validated through intentional assessments.
- Student iPads for integrating technology with curriculum
- 3 – 4 field trips per year to enhance the classroom curriculum
- The fine arts program affords students age-appropriate opportunities to experience performances throughout the year.
- Fifth-grade leadership opportunities (iLead 5 and Chapel)
- Food allergy sensitive environment
- Secure building with teacher and volunteer background checks
- After school clubs (STEM-VEX Robotics, Art, Engineering, Sports)
- Before and after school care program*
*Childcare classes are available for students before and after regularly scheduled class times. Before school care begins at 7:00 a.m. and after school care ends at 6:00 p.m. (The OCS childcare facility and program is licensed through the State of Michigan and supervised by qualified Christian staff.)