The secondary program at OCS, including both middle school (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12), effectively prepares students for success in future educational and vocational pursuits. We engage, challenge, and motivate students to realize a life of purpose that benefits others and is glorifying to God.
The middle school program engages students in core course work including Bible, while offering a wide variety of electives such as S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), foreign languages, and visual and performing arts.
In addition to core coursework, the high school program features extensive media, visual, and performing arts, S.T.E.M., foreign languages, business and technology, physical fitness, and a variety of biblical studies classes.
Secondary Program Highlights
- Spiritual Formation: The program includes student retreats, LEAD (student spiritual leadership group), service projects, Bible classes, core class Biblical integration, and weekly chapel.
- Visual & Performing Arts: Our extensive offerings include Strings, Band, Choir, Drama, Musical Theater, Worship Band, Art, Media Art, Photography, and Videography.
- One-to-One iPads: Each secondary student uses his own iPad to access textbooks, course content, and interactive learning tools.
- College Preparatory Academics: 33 Advanced Placement (AP) courses (live instruction and online) and 6 Honors Courses
- AP Capstone Diploma Program - Oakland Christian School is one of approximately 1,500 schools worldwide to implement the AP Capstone™ diploma program―an innovative program that allows students to develop skills that matter most for college success, such as research, collaboration, and communication.
- S.T.E.M.: Integrated and applied S.T.E.M. offerings in dedicated learning spaces.
- College Dual Enrollment: Students can earn up to 30 college credits through a variety of colleges and universities.