The secondary program at OCS, including both middle school (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12), effectively prepares students for success in future educational and vocational pursuits. We engage, challenge, and motivate students to realize a life of purpose that benefits others and is glorifying to God.
The middle school program engages students in core course work (including biblical study of the Old Testament) while offering a wide variety of electives such as S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), foreign languages, and visual and performing arts.
In addition to core course work, the high school program features extensive media, visual, and performing arts, S.T.E.M., foreign languages, business and technology, physical fitness, and a variety of biblical studies classes.
- Spiritual Formation: The program includes student retreats, LEAD (student spiritual leadership group), service projects, Bible classes, core class Biblical integration and weekly chapel.
- Visual & Performing Arts: Our extensive offerings include Strings, Band, Choir, Drama, Musical Theatre, Worship Band, Art, Media Art, Photography, and Videography
- One to One iPads: Each secondary student uses his own iPad to access textbooks, course content, and interactive learning tools.
- College Preparatory Academics: 33 Advanced Placement (AP) courses (live instruction and online) and 6 Honors Courses
- S.T.E.M.: Integrated and applied S.T.E.M. offerings in dedicated learning spaces
- College Dual Enrollment: Students can earn up to 30 college credits through a variety of colleges and universities.
- International Student Program: With 20 students, this program fosters global understanding and promotes relationships between students from different cultures.
- 70% have advanced academic degrees
- Average teaching experience of 16.5 years, 12 years teaching at OCS