MISSION & VALUES
The Mission of Oakland Christian School is to equip students to fulfill their unique God-given purpose.
Oakland Christian School is a distinctively Christian learning community that values a biblical worldview and is committed to the highest academic standards. OCS asks its association (students, families, faculty and staff) to embrace these core values:
3 John 1:4 “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth”
Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and it is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast”
Proverbs 2:6 “For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding”
Luke 2:52 "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man."
1 Peter 4:10 “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms”
Psalm 139:14 “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men”
Hebrews 10:24-25 "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
1 Corinthians 13:13 "So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
Christian Philosophy of Education
Oakland Christian School views Christian education as the process of instructing and learning in an atmosphere where God and His written Word are the highest authority. We intend to challenge and motivate students to find their highest potential in spiritual, academic, social, and physical growth. Believing that all truth is God's truth, we strive to integrate the student's learning experience with a Bible-centered worldview, enabling the student to realize a life of purpose that is beneficial to people and glorifying to God.
Proverbs 4:13 “Take hold of instruction; do not let go. Guard her for she is your life.”
For academic and intellectual growth, we desire that each student:
- Recognize God as Creator and integrate His Word into all learning
- Strive to achieve individual potential with passion for lifelong learning
- Use informational resources and practices to research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions
- Work collaboratively, supporting individual and group learning, using technology and digital media
- Use information to create insights and expression through the application of knowledge in various disciplines
For physical growth, we desire that each student:
- Develop motor skills for precise and accurate use of the body’s senses and functions as an image bearer of God
- Develop healthy habits that lead to lifelong physical fitness
- Strive for a godly sense of worth and achievement in performance opportunities and athletic activities
- Display a mental, physical, and emotional readiness to react and respond
For social and emotional growth, we desire that each student:
- Recognize personal uniqueness while respecting the uniqueness of others
- Develop Christ-honoring freedom of thought, expression, and emotional balance
- Act responsibly in handling time and material possessions
- Develop attitudes and skills needed to establish God-honoring relationships
For spiritual and moral growth, we desire that each student:
- Grow in a personal relationship with the Savior Jesus Christ
- Respect and understand God and His inspired Word
- Demonstrate Christian service by caring genuinely for the needs of others
- Develop a moral and ethical framework for decision-making
Statement of Faith
- WE BELIEVE the Bible to be verbally inspired in its original form, the only infallible authoritative Word of God (II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:20-21).
- WE BELIEVE that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
- WE BELIEVE in the Deity of Christ, (John 1:1-14, John 14:9, Colossians 1:15-17); in His conception by the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35); in His virgin birth (Matthew 1:18-25); in His sinless life (II Corinthians 5:21); in His miraculous works (John 11:47); in His substitutionary death through His shed blood (I Peter 2:24); in His literal, bodily resurrection (John 20:20-29); in His bodily ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19, I Timothy 2:5); in His bodily return (Acts 1:11, Revelation 20:1-9, Matthew 24:26, I Thessalonians 4:13-17); and in establishment of Christ’s final consummated kingdom (Revelation 21).
- WE BELIEVE that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but through Adam, man has inherited a sinful nature and is unable in his own power to remedy his lost condition (Jeremiah 17:9, Romans 3:23); and in salvation by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ wholly apart from works. (Ephesians 2:8-10, John 3:3-7, John 1:12-13, Titus 3:5-7); the evidence of which is works of righteousness.
- WE BELIEVE that all who receive, by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Savior are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God (John 3:5, 15; Romans 3:21-30; Galatians 4:4-7).
- WE BELIEVE in the personality of the Holy Spirit and in His present ministry of conviction, regeneration, indwelling, enlightening, and guiding (John 17:7-11, John 3:5, I Corinthians 6:19, John 14:26, John 16:13).
- WE BELIEVE in the resurrection of both the believer and the unbeliever; they that believe unto the resurrection of life (John 5:28-29, I Corinthians 15:12-58).
- WE BELIEVE in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ (John 17:11, Ephesians 4:13)