All-School News and Events
Want to support OCS Athletics? Join us on September 25th for our annual
golf outing at WestWynd Golf Course or check out our sponsorship options!
Find all the information HERE. Thank you for your support!
All are welcome to join us Sept. 27th from 7:15-7:45 for an intentional time of student-lead prayer for our country and leaders. We will either be gathering by the flagpole down at the soccer field (if weather permits) or we will be in the gym. For more information about this global event, click HERE.
Join us Sept. 29th at Upland Hills Farm for fun, fellowship, and community building, hosted by our PTF. Food trucks will be available to purchase food and drinks throughout the event. Tickets are $8 per person; children ages 2 and under are free. Follow this link to register and pay online, or you can register and pay with cash or check by visiting the front desk through the main entrance of the school. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Ski Season is right around the corner and we are excited for you to join the OCS Ski Club this year (students ages 7+)!
Pine Knob Ski School partners with local schools to create an affordable program to help school-aged students learn how to ski and snowboard. The program includes lift tickets and a membership card. Additionally, you can pick a package of rentals and/or three or six group lessons. The lessons will begin the first week of January and run through the third week of February.
Feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions.
There are so many ways for families to get involved and make a difference at Oakland Christian School. Parental efforts support the energies of the faculty and staff and enable them to keep their focus on the quality of our educational program. Volunteering also gives your family a way to become more fully connected in the school community and helps your child see your commitment to quality education. Oakland Christian requires that each family contribute 20 service hours per year. For more information on opportunities for service and on recording your hours, click HERE.
Our Family Ambassador Network (F.A.N.) is designed to create a network of dedicated parents who are willing to share their experiences with prospective families, serve as a resource for new families, and help us build a stronger community. You can learn more about our F.A.N. program HERE.
There are 2 easy ways to participate and earn family service hours:
- Help us bring the school to life! Use the Google form below to answer questions about your OCS experience and share a family photo for the website or social media. Share Your Story
- Help us maintain up-to-date and abundant reviews across all our review platforms. We've made it easy for you with a Sign-up Genius to schedule 2 -3 reviews on various sites over the next several months. We'll send you a reminder and a link when your scheduled review time comes. Schedule a Review
Elementary News and Events
SAVE THE DATE!!!!! Christmas is fast approaching and your students are beginning to work on their performances. Details will come as we get closer to the program dates.
Grandparents or a special person in your child's life are invited to Grandparent's Day on Thursday, October 26 at 2pm. Here are important details about the event:
- The event will be held at Woodside Lake Orion [2500 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion, MI 48360] at 2pm.
- Kindergarten-5th grade students will be bussed to Woodside Lake Orion where they will sing during a short presentation for Grandparents/ special persons.
- Jr. Kindergarten students must be transported by their parent or approved pick up to and from the church.
- Students will be dismissed to the grandparent/ special person after the program to get a picture with and have a cider and donut snack. Students will be released to go home with their grandparent/ special person after the program and snack unless otherwise notified by a parent
- Bussing back to the school is available for students if needed. The bus will return to OCS at 3:30 pm. Parents must inform Stephanie Mendenhall in the office as well as their child's teacher if their student needs to ride back to OCS on the bus or if their child will need to attend OMEGA after school childcare.
Join us Monday, October 16th from 5:30-7:30PM in the OCS parking lot for loads of fall family fun!
The event is being hosted by the High School LEAD students with the intention of creating a fun connection point for HS and elementary students. The event will include free hot dogs and popcorn, face painting, pumpkin painting, games, free candy, and decorated car trunks by our HS students. Elementary students can dress up in school friendly, non-scary costumes if they would like. It will be a time of fun and fellowship. Please contact Chris Malmstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We are looking for donations to make this event extra special for the children. Please click HERE if you are able to donate items. Families receive 1 service hour for every $20 donated.
Teachers will send you a link via email to sign up for a conference time on either Sept. 28 or Oct. 2. Please contact your child's teacher if you have conference related questions.
Thursday, Sept. 28, all Elementary classes have a half day of school, being dismissed at 12pm. OMEGA child care is available for Elementary students from 12-6pm. If your student will be staying for OMEGA please make sure you have submitted your child's registration page, found here. Students staying for OMEGA will have the option of ordering hot lunch or bringing their own lunch from home and will eat in the lunchroom at 12:35pm.
We are looking for donations of homemade play dough for our after school child care and rainy day recess activities. Please drop off donations to the Elementary office. Two batches of play dough count as one family service hour. Please contact Stephanie Mendenhall with any questions.
Get ready for our first annual Elementary Fun Run, hosted by the OCS PTF. All students should register for the event and will participate in the run, even if they do not participate in the fundraiser portion. Please register your child here. Student incentives and classroom rewards will be given each week leading up to the Fun Run to students that participate in raising funds. For more information on student registration, details of the event, and sponsorship opportunities, click HERE!
We are looking for 2 parent helpers every day to assist the staff with lunch supervision in the lunchroom from 12:30-1:30pm. Parents are invited to sign up for a few dates that they are available to help or sign up as a weekly helper. Please visit this link to sign up for dates that work for your schedule. Lunch Help Sign Up
All hours served will count toward your family service hour requirements.