Family Service Hour Opportunities
The Elementary would like 2 parent helpers every day to assist the staff with lunch supervision in the lunchroom from 12:30-1:30pm. Parents are invited to sign up for a few dates that they are available to help or sign up as a weekly helper. Please visit this link to sign up for dates that work for your schedule. Lunch Help Sign Up
All hours served will count toward your family service hour requirements.
All volunteers must submit a background check form and read through our Volunteer Policies and Procedures Handbook & Agreement Signature before volunteering with children at OCS.
Learn more about our Family Ambassador Network (F.A.N.) We would be honored to have you as part of our F.A.N. program and invite you to join us in promoting our wonderful school. Parents may log Family Service Hours for opportunities such as writing reviews and sharing your stories! Click HERE to learn more.
As you begin spring cleaning, please donate any used (in good condition) or new balls, sports equipment, and outdoor play items to our elementary gym and recess cart in exchange for family service hours. You may log 1 Family Service Hour for every $20 spent. For monetary donations, please select our General Fund through the link below and type "Recess Supplies" in the comment section of your payment.
Parent Teacher Fellowship meetings are held monthly and count toward Family Service Hours! Additionally, you will have the opportunity to learn about more Family Service Hour opportunities as a valuable PTF member. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about meeting times.
Required Family Services Hours Due by April 30
There are so many ways for families to get involved and make a difference at Oakland Christian School. Parental efforts support the energies of the faculty and staff and enable them to keep their focus on the quality of our educational program. Volunteering also gives your family a way to become more fully connected in the school community and helps your child see your commitment to quality education.
Since parental involvement and support of Oakland Christian is a very important aspect of our school, each family at OCS is required to participate in the Family Service Hour Program. Families in JK – 12th grade must complete 20* family service hours per school year. For each school year, the service hour program begins on May 1 and ends on April 30th. A $20 fee will be charged for every hour not completed.
How to Submit Your Family Service Hours
1. Log in to your FACTS account with your username and password. Our District Code is: OCS-MI
2. Click on "FAMILY" on the main page menu.
3. On the "Family" page, you will see a "Service Hours" section.
4. To add service hours click the "add+" button in the upper right corner of the "Service Hours" section.
5. After you select "add+", enter the date, hours, and description. If you don't see a category that fits your service in the description box, choose "other" and describe it in the "Note" section.
6. In the "Verified By" box, list the OCS staff member responsible for your service. This is the person who will review and verify your hours.
7. Click "Save" to submit.