Elementary Program (Grades 1 - 5)
We are committed to providing a high-quality academic curriculum that lays the foundation for student success in Reading, Math, Language Arts, Bible, Social Studies, and Science. Our academic program is designed to prepare students for success in their academic pursuits and all areas of life.
But that's not all. Our curriculum goes beyond traditional academic subjects to provide students with a well-rounded education that includes creative, physical, and social experiences. We offer music and art instruction, physical education classes, S.T.E.M. and technology instruction, library opportunities, and elementary-specific chapel services.
The elementary program effectively prepares students with a spiritual foundation to love God, love others, use the Bible, and understand that God has created every person to glorify Him. We are blessed with Christian teachers who are creative, caring, and certified in their area of teaching. They create a classroom environment that encourages students to explore new learning, feel safe and secure, treat others respectfully, and know that Jesus loves them.
- Spiritual formation – Age-appropriate Bible curriculum, daily devotional and prayer time, weekly chapel and service projects within our community
- Spanish Immersion Program option (the last point of entry is the beginning of first grade) - bilingual and biliterate by fifth grade
- Curriculum - Teachers utilize best practice curriculum sources to deliver hands-on, collaborative, and small and large group instruction to challenge students at their instructional level. Our instruction exceeds grade-level standards validated through intentional assessments.
- Student iPads and Chromebooks for integrating technology with the curriculum
- 3 – 4 field trips per year to enhance the classroom curriculum
- The fine arts program affords students age-appropriate opportunities to experience performances throughout the year.
- Fifth-grade leadership opportunities (iLead 5 and Chapel)
- Food allergy sensitive environment
- Secure building with teacher and volunteer background checks
- After-school clubs (STEM-VEX Robotics, Art, Engineering, Sports)
- Before and after school care program*
*Childcare classes are available for students before and after regularly scheduled class times. Before school care begins at 7:00 a.m. and after school care ends at 6:00 p.m. (The OCS childcare facility and program is licensed through the State of Michigan and supervised by qualified Christian staff.)
Elementary Administrative Assistant